Thank you so very much for your patience, support, and partnership as we navigate the Coronavirus situation in our region. As you know, Anne Hutchinson School is closed for students Monday, March 16th through Wednesday, March 18th and our Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Rob Glass, will continue to keep Eastchester families informed of any updates.
Our teachers have already started to prepare learning activities to engage students at home and these will be shared with families as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that ensuring your child is reading daily will be the most helpful habit.
Most importantly, we wish good health to the entire Anne Hutchinson School community.
Below you will find more details about our building level plan for Anne Hutchinson School. Please note that further information was shared with all parents from Dr. Glass and Dr. Urso.
- “Staying Healthy” Lessons in PE Class (and Classrooms)
- Cover Your Cough and Sneezes
- Wash Your Hands
- Increased number of hand sanitizing stations
- Handwashing* (or sanitizing) before snack, before and after lunch, and after recess
- Increased signage in toilet rooms and by classroom sinks for hand washing
- Daily classroom cleaning with electro-static spraying
- Increased electro-static spraying throughout day, including playground
- Screening and Reporting/Travel Questionnaire (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan) for fever, persistent cough, and/or shortness of breath
*Handwashing is preferred over sanitizing, whenever possible.
In the month of March, Anne Hutchinson School will be working with a local animal shelter in Yonkers that is in desperate need of supplies for their furry friends. Below is a wish list from the shelter. Please drop off your items by Tuesday, March 31st. Donation boxes will be located in the main hallway of Anne Hutch. Thank you for contributing to our Good Deed of the Month!
Pedigree dog food (dry or can)
Cat food (dry or can, any brand)
Dog treats (no rawhide)
Dog toys (no stuffed animals)
At our school this month, through the Anne Hutch has H.E.A.R.T. program, we will focus on perseverance. We will study the importance of being patient and willing to work hard. We will recognize friends who stay with challenging tasks and do not give up. We will enjoy the pride and satisfaction of completing those tasks. We will appreciate that trying again and again and again is, in fact, learning.
Too often people – youngsters like Anne Hutch students and grown ups like you and me – think we are either naturally strong or weak in particular areas. What we will really examine and think deeply about this month is that – through the habit of perseverance – we can get better, we can improve, we can reach and exceed any goal we set for ourselves.