The holiday season is truly one of my favorite times of year, as it allows us the opportunity to spend time with loved ones and to reflect thankfully on the previous year.
While we often get preoccupied with shopping, holiday parties, and “30% off” coupons, it’s really the season, as Washington Irving said, “for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.”
Whether we reflect on Christmas or Hanukah, the common themes of charity and kindness toward others resonate. I am proud to say that many of our children and staff have heard this message and have given of themselves, their time, and their money in recent weeks to help those in need. They teamed together to:
- Collect coats for the homeless.
- Give new toys to children in need.
- Build and maintain homes for those who require assistance.
- Donate funds to the American Cancer Society.
- Collect needed items for animal shelters.
- Provide support for our troops serving overseas.
I’m so grateful for a staff, student body, and community who fans the “genial flame of charity” on a regular basis.
Have an outstanding holiday season…and see you in 2019!
Jeffrey A. Capuano, Ph.D.