Collect Your Can Tops for our April Good Deed!
See below for more information!
April 1st, 2019
We want to celebrate individuality in our students this month, and our word UNIQUE, reflects that sentiment.
Check out the activities we have planned!
- Tuesday, April 9th, we will light it up BLUE. Please have your child wear blue. SEPTA is collecting a donation of $1 for your child’s participation. (Any donations can be placed in an envelope marked “SEPTA.”)
- Friday, April 12th is Crazy Hair Day. Get creative and show off a little! We’ll share our craziest hair styles for this ½ day.
- Friday, April 26th will be Good Deed Day. (Don’t forget your child’s Waverly shirt!) This month we will collect can tops to donate to the Ronald McDonald House. As you may know, The Ronald McDonald House relies solely on donations. RMH will turn the caps into cash to support their programs, so get collecting today! https://rmh-ghv.org/
Kindergarten Spring Concert- Wed., April 10th
Classes will perform at the following times:
9:30 a.m. – Dragonetti, Tine/O’Reilly, Mastocciolo, Batz, Tortorella, Cavalli (K students)
10:30 a.m. – Engborg, Falcone, Torres, Ullrich, Soares, Zanzano and Myers (K students)
As you are planning, please make note of the following:
- All parents will enter from the rear parking lot off of Bellew Avenue (near the gym).
- As always, parking is extremely limited. Please consider walking or carpooling, if possible.
- If your child is singing during the first session, please be sure to leave promptly to allow someone a parking spot for the second session.
- This is a regular school day for us!
On the concert day, children can wear festive attire of any color with comfortable, flat shoes (sneakers if they have P.E. that day). Please do not include hats or large hair accessories.
Eastchester Schools Kindergarten Registration for 2019-2020 School Year
Kindergarten Registration is open for children who turn five years of age on or before December 1, 2019. Tell your neighbors and friends!
Registering now guarantees that families will be able to attend Kindergarten Screening and Orientation. Many of their questions will be answered about life for a kindergarten student at Waverly and children will get a chance to play in our classrooms.
Kindly click on the link below. https://district.eastchesterschools.org/m2/mod/dataform/view.php?d=1&view=1&eids=80&ret=9
Once you have completed the application and all registration requirements, the registrar will review the application. Upon approval of the application, you will receive an email to schedule a 10 minute appointment with the Registrar to provide the original version of the supporting documents. Please register today!
Many congratulations to Mrs. Samantha Larrea who received a grant from the Teacher Center of Central Westchester for a document camera. We are excited to have this tool in our art classroom!
We are so happy to be welcoming spring! As we all know, spring can bring some erratic weather patterns, so please be sure to have your child wear a jacket to school every day. We try to get students outside each day to play!
This newsletter is best read on a computer. However, if you are reading this newsletter on a smartphone, be sure to click on the link below for the Book, Nurse, and PTA Corners and scroll down. We want you to remain in the loop!
I encourage you to follow me on Twitter- @MariKDoyle. I post frequently about life at Waverly.
Mari K. Doyle
-Friday, April 5th- Interim Report Cards will be available via Home Access
-Tuesday, April 9th- Light it up blue! (SEPTA donation)
-Wednesday, April 10th- Kindergarten Spring Concert (See above)
-Friday, April 12th (early dismissal)- Crazy Hair Day!
-Friday, April 26th- Yearbook Deadline (See PTA Corner)
-Friday, April 26th- Good Deed Day (see above)
-Friday, May 3rd and 10th- Kindergarten students are dismissed at 11:40 a.m. for Incoming Kindergarten Orientation (Students in the K/1 small classes Cavalli, Myers and Zanzano will be dismissed on 5/3 at 11:40 a.m. They have regular dismissal on 5/10.)
-Friday, May 3rd- The last day to submit information regarding your child’s placement for the upcoming school year.
-Thursday, May 9th- Art Show, 4:30-6:00, 6:15-7:45 (Mark your calendar! More information to follow)
-Sunday, May 19th- Loukoumi Dance Party and Make a Difference Awards (Waverly is being honored! WWW.LOUKOUMIFOUNDATION.ORG)